Monday 5 July 2010

No fill again :-(

This afternoon I was in with my doctor and we had another go at getting me a fill, similarly to last month, after many many tries we kept hitting steel and bending needles, Sooooo after an xray it is confirmed that the port has flipped 180 degrees and is completely up side down       :-(

I will now have to go back for minor surgery to have it rectified. The Doctor is away next week and I have a few days off when he returns before the family escape the heat back to the Uk , so I will have to wait until the end of the month/early next month to get it rectified ( that will be nearly 3 months without the fill that I need). The other horrifying thing is he is quoting around 10K to 12K Dhs or $2,500 - $3,000.....Ouch that hurts already - However I will need to get it done....

On a plus side , on his scale I lost 4 kgs in the month and he is happy with the progress and thinks I am doing ok.

Tonight I am going to play squash for the first time since I can't remember..fingers crossed it doesn't kill me.

Happy belated 4th of July to our American friends

Ciao



8 comments:

  1. That sucks! How does that happen? I hope things get better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry this happened Andrew!! What a bummer! It does sound like you are doing great, though.

    Keep your chin up! I hope squash was fun :)


    www.graces-fat-chance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a couple of posts about ports flipping and it freaks me out. I'm so sorry it happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry! That really sucks! But hang in there...that's the best I got! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry Andrew - I was hoping it was just hard to get too. My port has been hurting since I did some yoga about 3 weeks ago (not all the time), but I'm paranoid it's flipped.
    From the others who have had to have it fixed the operation is pretty easy (other than the cost).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks big time!!!

    Can't believe the cost to get it fixed - yikes!!

    Hang in there - it sounds like you are doing really well regardless. When you get back to the UK everyone will be amazed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about your port, i'm self funded and its something going wrong scares me.
    Saw your post about squash, glad that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Say what now??? Why do you have to pay for this?? Is this not THEIR fu*k up? Like if they'd installed it properly in the first place it never would have happened? I would spend some time bitching about this if I were you. Use the word "malpractice" a lot...see what happens.

    ReplyDelete